Here is tonight's offering
Now what our local members know, which Mr Anonymous doesn't, is West Kent probably do as much if not more than most to support our 40/40 Campaign. However, because much of what we do is political significant, we don't shout it from the rooftops (nor do I feature it on my blog).
So, for the sake of Mr Anonymous, here is a sample. Some of the following actions arise from individual one-to-one campaign support from West Kent Associations to twinned constituencies, other examples come from the West Kent Group as a whole.
- Provide cash support to the tune of £10,000 per annum to a critical marginal seat
- Provide free design support and cost price printing to any 40/40 seat which asks
- Financed and produced a PV mailing to 2,000 targets in a North West marginal
- Offered our phone bank and volunteers to make 5,000 phone calls to a SW 40/40
- Made over 4,000 calls for a Sussex marginal
- Offered our phone bank and volunteers for GOTV for all LG by-election in UK
- Financed and produced a 12,000 target mailshot for a South East marginal to help identify new activists
- Adopted two SE London turnout wards and paid for mailings and survey canvassing
- Paid for a coach to take activists Eastbourne. Further coaches planned this year to Hastings and one other seat (which I won't name). £2,000 in coach hire charges.
- Paid for a coach to take activists to Eastleigh and Newark.
- Since Christmas West Kent has subsidised my salary to the tune of £4,000 whilst I travelled to 40/40 and other marginal seats to provide Merlin and general campaign support for their staff and volunteers.
I really don't know who you are Mr Anonymous, or why you are so angry. Despite your sarcasm I am a forgiving and cheerful soul. If there is anything we can do to assist your constituency, please get in touch and I will raise it with our Management Committee and see what we can do - provided you are able to demonstrate that you are at least trying to help yourselves.