Sunday 18 May 2014

I've done it! 4 stone off with two weeks spare!

Well, I've done it!  At my weekly weigh-in this afternoon I had lost another 3lb since last week, bringing my total weight loss since 1 January to four stone. I've hit my target with two weeks to spare.

I am, naturally, absolutely delighted. I feel healthier, clothes and suits I had long given up on now fit again and I feel much better about myself.  And, of course, thanks to the generosity of our members and supporters who have sponsored my endeavour, I have raised over £2,500 for West Kent funds. (That's code for "get your cheque books out" as I am about to ask for your money!)

My journey isn't over - though stage one of it is. I am still 17 stone 10lb, which is still overweight. My intention is to lose a futher 2 stone over the summer months, but at a slower pace than I have been losing since New Year.


I am really grateful to my friends and colleagues who have been so kind and supportive. Your good wishes really encouraged me to achieve my goal.


PS - just in case you are wondering about the varying height - I haven't chopped two inches off my legs to help the weight loss (though it would have been easier). I am actually 6'3" but in my keenness to see how I have done I often glance down at the display just as the scanner reads my height (hence the reduction!)

2 comments:

  1. Well done Andrew, though I'm slightly concerned that you seem to have shrunk 5cm at the same time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apologies, I didn't read that bottom bit

    ReplyDelete