For a moment we wandered around aimlessly, like the Israelites looking for the Promised Land, (or at least a promised cup of tea). Then we spotted Balans. As some of you will know, Balans started out as a gigi Cafe Bar in Old Compton Street, selling overpriced patisserie and Chai Lattes to The Gays. It's a tribute to liberalism that it is now so mainstream that it can be used for Conservative meetings without prompting letters of outrage to the Daily Mail.
So there we sat, sipping our cappuccinos served by pert waiter (nipple piercings and tattoos proudly on display) with Scissor Sister playing in the background, and agreed the following structure:
- Chairman of the Campaign: Graham Riddick
- Candidate: Cllr Craig Mackinlay email@example.com
- Agent: Gordon Williams firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chief of Staff: Cllr Andrew Mackness email@example.com
- Campaign Director: Andrew Kennedy firstname.lastname@example.org
- Press & Media: Dot Luckhurst email@example.com
- Social Media & IT: Dr John Hayward john.hayward@@craigmackinlay.com
- Parliamentary Liaison: Chris Buckwell firstname.lastname@example.org
- Campaign Administration & Diary: Jon Botten email@example.com
For those who think that it's a formal structure, it's worth remembering that Kent has 1.4 million voters covering 17 Parliamentary constituencies - there are 75 countries or self governing protectorates in the world with smaller populations!
Please do get in touch with the relevant team member if you have any questions.
Next Meeting: Vauxhall Tavern???