I am limiting my comments and suggestions to the voluntary party in the constituencies as this is the area where I have sufficient experience to comment and a track record to support my conclusions.
Each post will cover a separate area of our constituency activity, including
- How our Associations are managed, supervised and developed
- The membership model and how we need to broaden our horizons
- Attracting, developing and empowering new activists
- Internal democracy, transparency and accountability
- Professional support and development, including Grouping
As always on this blog I write personally and do not claim to represent the views of my employers (the West Kent Group) or any of the Associations within the Group.
I will commence tonight with examining how the voluntary party in managed and led and how that could be developed and improved for the future.