Thursday 15 November 2018

There's still more that unites us than divides us

As passionate and determined as I am about Brexit, we all need to remember that when it's finally over there will still more that unites us than divides us. And the only alternative to us is Corbyn.

As angry as I am with the 'deal' I do not believe for one moment that those who support it, or take a different view to me, are 'traitors' or 'evil'.  I believe they are wrong. But I also believe that they are doing what they think is right.

I don't take any pleasure in finding myself so opposed to so many of my friends and colleagues. In fact, despite the bravado, I am actually finding this whole business quite disturbing and upsetting. It has divided friendships, families, communities and parties.

I want it to be over, but I will fight to the bitter end for what I believe. As must you, whatever side you are on.  But let's fight with facts and humour and grace, so we can at least pick ourselves up when it finally ends and rebuild those friendships and loyalties that have held us together and made us the most successful political party in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment